Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Business

J is away on business since last Friday.  I slept alone 2 nights because I ran off to rendezvous with some old friends at my mom's on Saturday morning.  What surprised me was that when I returned, I felt happy to be home.  This is mainly because traveling with a baby and a toddler involves a ton of shit and it's impossible for [me] to keep everything organized. Particularly when you're hung over after going out with friends.  Particularly when your baby woke up 1 hour after you fell asleep.  Catch my drift?  Anyway, it was totally fun and totally worth it.  And instead of board the dogs, I got a dog walker, so when I came home they had been fed and walked.  No picking them up at the kennel, screaming at the beagle to stay in the back and ending up with a beagle on my lap- untrimmed nails clawing into my thighs.  It was a miracle.  Actually, the true miracle is that I hadn't done that before.  The things we do out of desperation...

So I have all this alone time after 7pm (bedtime for the girls).  Tonight I made a pizza pocket and am drinking a rum and coke. I didn't realize how much time J and I spent together every night.  For realz.

Okay, I have to pee and find something to watch on TV that J would normally object to.  I could totally use this time to exercise or clean or sunless tan (ahem).  But instead I will park my fat ass on the couch with an adult beverage and zone out.  Hells yeah.

No comments: