Thursday, September 27, 2012

By Popular Demand

One of my dearest friends asked me to post today- This post is dedicated to A*nnie.

This month was like my luckiest month yet.  I got to see A*nnie, a lot of my P*ttsburgh friends, and I will get to see TheBlind.

I MISS YOU, FRIENDS.

I don't know what it is about P*ttsburgh, but I love that city and even the people I do not love in that city- I dislike them less than the people I dislike in other cities. 

Monkey started pre-school 2 days a week and I just finished google stalking the other parents.  I continue to be fascinated by child care arrangements and non-9 to 5 jobs that mothers/fathers hold.  My results were a mixed bag.  Obvi at this 2 day a week program, mothers are not working full time jobs, unlike at the daycare. Very few are hardcore stay-at-homers, which I've decided I would like to be due to my inability to effectively multitask.  One lady who looked and acted like Kate Gosselin on uppers (I liked her, but I feel like she is just super friendly to everyone on a superficial level)- found out that she is in PR, unsurprisingly.  Must have some sort of part-time arrangement.  Another chick who I love and is hot and nice is a manager at Black House/White Market- used to be a high school teacher and is also from my hometown.  Another girl who I've chatted with the most (I feel like me and this girl should totally become good friends)- she is a part time teacher at a private school.  So is another mom.  There is another mom I met who I feel like doesn't like me, but I don't care bc she doesn't really seem my type- she's a stay at home like me.

Which brings me to my small, unexciting piece of news.  I accepted a "consulting" position- part time work my own hours with the l*egal recruiting firm I signed up with almost a year ago- asking them for that magical part time high paying, non-demanding lawyer job that doesn't exist.   When they offered me the spot to work with them (because I dazzled them with my personality), I thought, 'ugh.. this is awkward.  how do I say no?'  but then I talked to them and was like, 'That's easy as hell.  I'll give it a go. Why not?'  Disclaimer: being a recruiter is NOT in my dreams.  But I thought any cash on the side we could throw at a new pair of Frye boots I've been staring at online for a few weeks, eh?  :)

We'll see.  If I hate it, I will just quit and be in the same spot I was in to begin with- happy.

Oh, the other thing I noticed:  All mothers who work part-time have the help of family members wrt childcare.  A grandma or sister picks up the kids from time to time.  Guess what I do NOT have???  Guess who is virtually USELESS on that front?  MIL.  She tells me she will help out whenever but makes it very clear to me from emails that she is "having lunch with old friends" and "taking classes" (yeah right). blah blah.  So eff her.

Onto happier notes-

My H turned 1!  The most awesome thing I never anticipated about having my 2nd baby, H, is how hilarious she would be.  Both of my kids, actually, but Monkey is more of a sweetheart and H is just a pistol.  She reminds me of the time Lou got her head stuck in a picket fence and then cried when she couldn't get it out.  She is always accidentally getting into mischief- Climbing under the bathroom sink and getting stuck, racing up the stairs, face planting onto hardwood floors, pulling the golden retriever's tail, tipping over a huge bin of blocks and scaring the crap out of herself.  She brings so much humor and light to my life and to our house. And she has the most kissable feet and face I have ever seen.  And I love how when I go to give her a million kisses, she acts like she doesn't notice and then pushes me away.  And then gives me a quick glance with a little smile.  She looks like a little old lady learning to walk and has naturally tan skin (for our Irish-German background).  I look back at pictures from last September when she was just a little peanut and think "How sad that at that time J, Monkey and I didn't have a little Hi*lly crawling around and making us laugh!"  We didn't even know what was missing- and we are so blessed to have this little comedienne in our lives.  I think that's been my favorite part of motherhood- watching my girls' personalities unfold before me. 


I love you, my girls.

No comments: