Sunday, February 22, 2009

Close Call

Last night J& I went to a BYO with our friends K&M (K is J's childhood friend & they live nearby, so we hang out with them fairly often).

At the restaurant, the server poured white wine for J& myself. When it came to K&M, only K wanted wine.

My first move to was offer our white-- thinking M preferred white. When she declined (waitress STILL standing there), I blurt out, 'Why not? Are you pregnant!?'

Yes, she is pregnant. But not out of the 1st trimester so they are keeping it on the DL (since it's high risk until that point). It turns out they were going to tell us anyway & we had a hilarious convo about baby names, but sometimes I wish I would just think for 2 seconds before opening my mouth.

Puppy Update: (Despite my temptation for this to become a puppy-blog, I'm not letting it happen). We've been crating her at night. She's generally a very good puppy. Last night she woke up crying at 4:00. I was convinced she was dying, so I went down to check on her. I ate an orange while she chewed on a bone. Then I put her back. After a few more tears, she slept til 8:00AM.)

No comments: