Friday, April 17, 2009

Neighborly Update

I guess you can say things are a tad less awkward with the neighbors-- if you want to call coming home looking & feeling like Mickey Rourke with cramps & an almost clear bag containing Midol Extended Relief & super absorbancy tampons only to discover the neighbors outside ready to socialize. The commute from the city was over an hour & I surrendered. I acted like myself and asked overly personal questions (Example: How has your job as a hospice social worker affected your view of death? I'm gonna go ahead and say this is a little deep for our 2nd conversation.... but she caught me at a weak moment).

They didn't mention anything about the party we threw on Saturday night, which is good- because throwing parties truly just isn't our style. And I would be very surprised if it happened again.

He also used the word "sh*t-hole" which I take as a good sign. They curse. Alas, a common ground. What more can you ask for?

No comments: