........unless I fail, of course. I'm at the library now and before I start studying, I decided to check every blog I've ever read in my entire life, read every news story, attempt to find Eminem's new album online, look for which book I will read next, and stare at the girl next to me.
I'm steadily increasing the odds of having to take another law school exam.
Land Use Planning, believe it or not, f*cking blows.
I don't know if I ever told you this story about the honeymoon. So we were in Rome and towards the end of the week, we mastered the art of sleeping until noon and drinking our faces off all day-- and seeing every historical site and ruin with a solid buzz. Then celebrating the heat, our honeymoon, and being in Italy with a bottle of wine.
We had reservations to see the Vatican on Thurs, 8am. I thought we'd beat both the lines & the heat, which we did. But unfortunately our new sleeping and drinking habits betrayed us. On Wednesday night after dinner, we sat a in a piazza and drank beers-- many beers. And probably wine. And watched people & dogs.
The next morning at 7am our alarm went off and we arose very hungry and hung over. We went to the Vatican, waited in line for 2 hours. We eavesdropped on the others & shared stories. I felt dirty and my motor skills were off. I was miserable.
So we get in the Vatican and decide we're too lazy and hung over to do one of those tours (which we TOTALLY regret now) so we trek through to the Sistine Chapel (which is at the very end). Everything is marble, including the floors. I am wearing flip flops and a sundress. I traipse ungracefully down marble stairs. And then, I fall. Right on my a$$. In front of like 1 million people.
J starts hysterically laughing and I start half-crying, half-laughing because I'm hung over and my butt hurts. The security guard just stared. I get up, brush myself off and continue with J continuously saying "Watch your step! Be Careful! There are stairs right ahead! HAHAHA I can't believe you fell in the Vatican! That was hilarious! Are you ok? Oh, watch out! Here come more stairs!"
Oh, and 2 days later, we were in a little town on a hilltop called Orvieto. We pulled the same "let's drink 3 gallons of Italian beer" trick. The hotel was akin to a bed & breakfast. The next morning, my motor skills again off, I spilled dark blueberry yogurt all over the white table cloth. We dropped a few euros on the table and bolted.
No comments:
Post a Comment