Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stinky Me

I'm becoming an old fart for the following reasons:

1. Usually the beagle and I battle for the bed. When J agrees to kick her out, I cheer as she's escorted out the door. Afterall, it's my side of the bed she desires to occupy (the b*tch wants me gone!). Last night was different. Mid-evening, she hopped over to my side of the bed, laid down with the length of her body against the length of mine, rested her weary-wee beagle head right on my chest, and let out a huge sigh of comfort. I always knew the SOB loved me.

2. We paid people to do construction on our house. This is HUGE. They're tearing down the balcony off of our bedroom and replacing it with a new balcony. Then they're installing a deadbolt on our basement door & fixing our fence. We are real people. (These things are necessary, though. Not luxuries. So maybe we're not that real. Maybe we're just cheap & pissed off that we're now homeowners and can't just have the Landlord deal with it.....)

3. At 9pm, I'm often sad it isn't 10pm and therefore an acceptable bed time.

4. I watched UFO Hunters last night.

5. I started letting myself go (at least in terms of my bar class & law school)- I don't wear make up, I don't change from my pajamas, I don't even wipe the residual mascara from underneath my eyes. I brush my teeth and re-apply deoderant. When people try to approach me I get really nervous and think "No! Don't talk to me! That wasn't part of the plan!" And then I spend our entire conversation wishing I did all of the above and then some ("some" being shower, make-up, hair brush, etc..literally, the basics.).

Maybe I'm not becoming an old fart... maybe I'm just gross....

No comments: