Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Furniture

I should be working right now.

I can't wait to get a new computer and I can post pics of my newly furnished house. I'm still not done buying stuff, but I have to start spacing out my purchases bc J is starting to sweat bullets of anxiety about my spending. He doesn't part well with the ole' dollar. Unfortunately for him, I part very well with it.

So to compromise, I've been purchasing cheaper furniture with more expensive furniture (expensive being pottery barn, as opposed to Ethan Allen, etc..). But the prob w cheap furniture is that you have to put it together yourself. So I always start these projects thinking, "I will surprise J with my ability to put together furniture." But then the part of the instructions comes where using a tool or a screwdriver is necessary. I grab the screwdriver (I even attempted the power drill, but luckily for my furniture's sake, I was unable to get the little metal screw part to stay in the power drill part). Then I attempt to assemble. OPERATION FAIL. For the life of me, I cannot assemble furniture. Then J gets home from work, exhausted and stressed & sees me sitting amongst a pile of half assembled furniture that he did not know that I ordered. Surprise! He gets to spend the evening assembling sh*tty furniture! Who wouldn't be delighted?

J. That's who.

So I go upstairs while J curses the furniture and the world. He tells me not to buy anymore sh*tty furniture, etc.. but we all know that I will continue to do what I want and pretend I didn't know what he meant.

But the end result is always pretty freaking cute. And our house is finally starting to look lived in.

Furniture - even cheap furniture- is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: