I need to buy a new computer & stop mooching off of J's.
Anyway, I've been thinking a lot lately how little I pay attention to my surroundings. I am well known for being oblivious among my friends & family (particularly compared to J, who notices EVERYTHING). J will say, 'Did you notice that I threw away the carpet in our basement?' I will inevitably respond, 'No.' He will say, 'But our basement has no carpet anymore. And there is a mountain of carpet sitting on the curb outside of our house.' Me: 'I didn't notice it was gone. And I didn't notice it sitting on the curb.'
One side of me thinks, 'Who cares? It was sh*tty carpet. What's the diff?' But the other side of me finds this sad. Bc it extends to not remembering much at all. Like, when I was young, I noticed everything. And therefore I remember the littlest things about my dad's house(s), my mom's house(s), and our shore house. And even things about vacations. But I remember almost nothing about any place I've lived since I was 18. I wonder if I smoked away my ability to notice things? :)
Oh well. It seems to simplify my life at the very least.
No comments:
Post a Comment