I decided that I would like to adopt an Ethiopian. I broached the topic with J last night & he laughed at me. It kind of sucked because I even picked out which adoption agency we would use. I gave a TON of thought to which country we should adopt from & I research everything thoroughly (umm................while sitting in class for 5 hours... now I will fail-- but I will be the mother of an Ethiopian child). I explained that the child wouldn't even arrive for 2 years. I know he's not averse to the idea of adoption (we've discussed this before) but I think I brought this up too soon after suggesting that we purchase a hamster. He told me I have an obsession with adding living things to our family. I hate to admit it, but I feel like this is true. And a little part of me is concerned that once the child arrives I will be ready to adopt another one. I'm unconvinced that this is a bad thing, though.
I'm going to wait a few more weeks and present it to him in a more organized fashion.
1 comment:
You can't be Angelina Jolie, dude...you're a blonde.
Post a Comment