Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Resignation

Well, the old fathership called & told me to read up on H1N1 & those of us who are knocked up. He told me that a sure way for me to contract swine flu is by working with "those kids." I think he then said something about how kids will "touch their a$$es & then their face & who knows what else." He has a way with words.

I laughed it off, but read up on it. One news article last Friday from my hometown stated something like, 'as expected, H1N1 is making its way through the local schl district.' I noted that it wasn't even flu season. Then my local paper had a huge article on preg ppl & H1N1. For the rest of you guys- you throw up for a few days & it's over. But for those like me, they may have to induce comas & there's a risk of death, etc..

Now, for 6 figures a yr, I'd risk death. But for $150/wk? Eh, not sure it's worth it.

But I quit like a man & told them the truth to their faces. This took serious balls for me. She was awesome and understood. Apparently, though, the kids were devastated & crying all night. Over ME. Can you believe it? I didn't realize they cared.... at all. So I bought their guinea pig a salt lick & I'm taking them out for junk food today. I figure that since I've systematically broken every house rule (the 1/2 hour of Tv a day, in bed by 7:30, health food only, mandatory outside time- all broken on a daily basis), why not go out w a bang? I also explained to them the difference between civil & ciminal trials, described a c-section, told them the myth about poo*ping on the delivery table was true, let them talk endlessly about Bloody Mary, explained typical prison conditions, the 8th amendment, and all about the "bad" sections of town. Perhaps this is why they loved me so much- their next babysitter won't watch 5 hours straight of Zoe 101 & iCarly w them.

I wonder what I'm worse at: babysitting or being a secretary?

No comments: