Monday, August 16, 2010

Baptism and Change

Today my neighbor (the woman) dashed outside today when I arrived home. She had been waiting for me. Turns out- they're moving. They live on the other half of our twin.

She said, 'I wanted to tell you first before you saw the For Sale sign in our yard.'
I responded, 'No! I hate change.'
She said, 'I know. Me too. I keep walking around the house and sighing.'
I said, 'We never even got a chance to get together' (totally the fault of J & myself for being anti-social and pregnant and a pregnant anti-social)
She said, 'Well, we're only moving up the street.'
I said, 'I know. But I'm still sad to see you guys go.'
She said, 'I know. I am sad too.'

J isn't sad. haha. In typical J fashion, he was just interested in which house they bought and for how much and if they'd have an open house so we could check out their supposedly dry basement. He hates sharing a house, but it makes me feel safe. They're like a super pure family. Perhaps that's why I was kind of freaked out when I heard them having s*ex that one time. No. That was EXACTLY why I was freaked out.

I'm REALLY gonna miss their dog.

Onwards and upwards.

This weekend Monkey gets the special oils on her heads- she's being baptized. I couldn't be more proud of my little cubby bear. The priest requires either letters proving that the godparents are Catholic or essays on why you chose who you chose. They're not f*cking around.

Did I mention Monkey turned 7 months on Saturday? I can't believe it's only been 7 months! She eats baby food and rolls around and is developing opinions about things. Because I have zero experience in this area, I'm completely amazed at every development. I'm like the village idiot over here.

This is why her baptism should be interesting (and also probably why we should have done it sooner). An infant just sleeps or cries or sits there quietly. A 7 month old can blow raspberries, yelp, make noises, and grab sh*t. AND cry. But I can tell you what she will NOT do during her baptism: SLEEP. Miss Nosy will be awake and wearing her heart on her sleeve through facial expressions.

No comments: