The daycare called me at work today to inform me that Monkey was less cheerful and had a cough. Considering my throat has felt like it was on fire for the passed few days, this surprised me not.
I picked up Monk & off we went. In the waiting room, I let Monkey play with my cell phone. I then saw a funny glimmer in her eye. I then saw projectile vomit shoot out of her mouth and land all over my work pants. I realized that I would not be returning to work. Monkey looked at me and smiled.
I felt like this should put us into the fast lane at the doctor, but it did not. We waited for another 25 minutes. Jackie again threw up all over my pants and on the floor. I had nothing to clean it up with. I had no change of clothes (for either her or me). No diaper. No burp clothes. Nothing. Monkey is usually so chill, all she needs is me and a pacifier. By the time we saw the doctor, both of us were covered in vomit and smelling like stomach acid. So hot. People in the waiting room were looking at me like I should be doing something more. I kind of felt like I should be doing more too. But what was I going to do? Pull out some yarn and knitting needles and start creating a cloth with which to wipe up all this gooey vomit? I just sat there sort of holding Monkey awkwardly with a confused look on my face.
Have I learned my lesson that one must be a bit more prepared as a mother? Probably not. Will I start to travel with more baby gear? Probably not.
No comments:
Post a Comment