I have 2 secretaries.
1 secretary for when I'm working with one specific partner. This is the one I love.
Then I have the secretary who is my main secretary. THIS is the one I told you has grandchildren, etc... I was all ready to love her and never ask her to do anything dumb or be a biotch, etc... And for the record, I still really like her. I will always like her. Because I was a secretary once and blah blah blah. Point is: I'm on her side.
She's been on vacation and got back today.
I really really needed her- or someone - last week to help me print out all this sh*t online. And it was fine that I had nobody, although I lamented that fact forever. She got in today at 11. I didn't want to be one of those people who hounded her before she got settled, so I waited til 1 and then emailed, 'K*ren, if you don't have a ton going on for R*bert today, would you mind printing some stuff out for me?' PRINT. Not collate, neatly compile, label, nada. Upload doc, press print.
She said, "Let me get through my 300 emails first and then get back to you.'
I responded, "Of course."
At 3:00 she wrote, "Can I just start it tomorrow?"
By this time I actually already started the printing and was halfway through. I am such a freaking pushover and a sucker. I just responded "No problem."
At 4:30, she was chilling out front bullsh*tting with the receptionist. I was only bummed because at that point it was verified that I'm a huge p*ssy.
Of course I'm not going to say anything to her or anyone else and start a big to-do when I'm so unimportant that the fact that I needed help is like unprecedented. And even if I was important, I'd be like, 'That sucks' and do nothing. But.... the fact that I NEVER ask her for anything- shouldn't that make her all the more helpful when I DO need help? Clearly not. Then I'm all lame and come to vent on my blog.
Oh well. At least I need the hours. :)
By the way- this all results from that biotch I've been working for who is literally the worst.
Sorry for being such a Negative Nancy, as usual. I'm supposed to be Postive Maiden.
The positives:
1. The sh*tty part of Monday is over.
2. I scheduled Monkey's Christmas pictures for Saturday morning. I'm way too excited.
3. While J cooked dinner, I cleaned the floors, which is a huge weight off my chest.
4. I just fnished a delicious beer. I'm so thankful for alcoholic beverages.
No comments:
Post a Comment