Tonight at dinner with the in-laws (J dragged me into it and, thanks to my behavior, we probably won't be invited back), MIL started trash talking some girl who is 36, not married and pregnant with her boyfriend's baby. Remember that MIL is not only trapped in the 1800's, she embraces it.
I have a headache. I am sleepy. And, incidentally, I also cannot shut my yap, smile and nod.
I told her if I was 36 and wanted babies, I would trick my boyfriend into impregnating me or go to a sperm bank. Lead balloon.
J agreed with me. (Saint.)
MIL rolled her eyes, took a bite of her chicken and told me she still feels as though it's not a good situation.
I asked her if this 36 year old should abort a baby that she wants simply because some people may judge her.
J changed the subject.
Man.. we were totally getting along better BEFORE the dinner. We were getting along great, particularly because I hadn't seen them for 3 weeks.
AAAANNNNND Monkey turned 1. Can you believe it?
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Monkey! I can't believe it- it went by so fast, and she's not even my kid. Once again I have to say that I love the stories about your MIL and whole family for that matter. Of course, I don't love that they never realize how right you always are. :)
Post a Comment