Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Resolution Update

I am sad to report that my New Year's Resolutions are in a sad state of disarray. Well, mostly.

1. To obtain an EZ-Pass. Fail. Too cold to get out at the rest stop. I forgt this one even existed.

2. To try to be a LITTLE bit more organized. Fail. No progress. I forgot this one existed as well.

3. Plan social events. Fail. Too cold. Too busy with work. Fogotten.

4. Crush my thoughts of death. I have made progress here. It has resulted in me NOT clicking on depressing news stories and me telling J not to make depressing statements. He can be a Debbie Downer sometimes. Perhaps he should add this to HIS list of resolutions as well! It's amazing how a little information control can alter your outlook on life. NOT forgotten, surprisingly.

5. I would like to be more generous of a person. Also not forgotten. I was more generous in December when everyone was asking if you would please donate to such and such charity. I intend to donate to animals this month, though. In memory of my childhood cat and dog. The cat that peed all over the place. The dog that humped everything in sight. A child does indeed love unconditionally, eh?

I'm officially downgrading the organization resolution. At least on a day to day basis. Because when my a$$ has downtime, I'm NOT organizing my sock drawer OR the spice cabinet. Let's be honest. Maybe I will organize something small each weekend. Maybe.

Hands completely full of Monkey, my bag (with laptop), Monkey's bag- I opened the front door. We keep our dogs in a separate room (that has windows that look into the family room- use your imagination). A panting, nervous golden retriever greeted me at the front door, which means she escaped from her area. Wanna know what also greeted me? The unmistakable stench of dog poop. I turned on the light, dropped my bags and Monk and I went on a poop-hunt. The goldmine was the kitchen floor. Diarrhea. 2 piles. Coincidentally, Monkey had a blow-out at daycare and I was also carrying a bag of her poop clothes in my purse. Tonight, I cleaned up poop of different creatures, different sizes, different smells. Member when you only had to worry about your own poop? My how time flies. :)

No comments: