Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daycare Teacher

Monkey has 2 teachers: 1 younger chick and 1 older woman. I think she's a grandma. And she has soft grandma boobs. Monkey is obsessed with this woman and when Monk is sitting on her lap and another kid crawls up, Monkey screams at that other kid. If the older woman is holding another baby, Monkey won't even look at her. She becomes jealous.

But this isn't about her.

Yesterday whilst picking up the Monkster, I was chatting with the younger chick. I found out that her mom passed away last year. She's only 23 and now she lives alone with her childhood cat. I am SO SAD for her. I wish I knew what she needed or what specifically would make her life easier. Does she have enough for bills? (Daycares pay so poorly). Does she need new shoes? New pots and pans? I just know that all the parents at the daycare would shower her with things she needed if only they knew. But I can't think of a way to find out. I contemplated asking the director (who is personal friends with her), but I feel like maybe it would be rude? I don't want to pry- just help. I guess, for all I know, she doesn't need help. Maybe her family was super wealthy, although I don't get that vibe. I just know that at 23, I needed a LOT from my mom. Money, support, you name it. I was a freaking mess. I suppose if I hear nothing through the grapevine I will just give her a hearty "thank you" gift when Monkey moves up to the toddler room. It just makes me sad.

In other news, I bought J a bunch of Valentine's Day gifts. One of which was a bottle of Liquid A$$ from Amazon.com. I earlier confessed to him (sadly, out of excitement) that I bought it and we were both anxiously awaiting its arrival. J tored into the package immediately. You would NOT BELIEVE HOW BADLY THIS STUFF SMELLS. We're now mailing it in pretty packaging to Monkey's godfather as a combined "Valentine's Day" and "Thank you for being my GodFather" gift. I hope he pays it forward in a similar manner.

No comments: