- For starters, I cannot believe my pregnancy will be halfway over on Sunday. This is crazy to me. This pregnancy is going so much faster than the first one. I suspect bc its so much more difficult to "get stuff done." Like, for example, clear out a guest bedroom and make it into a toddler bedroom- while working full time with a toddler running around at your feet. I like to do this type of thing sans J's help, as he is a packrat and also for some odd reason is insulted when I put his beloved possessions in the attic or basement. Beloved possessions that he'd never notice were missing if I didn't bring these items to his attention. He should just be happy I don't put that sh*t in the trash (um.. which I often do). I know my husband. When the day comes that we move- yes, he will do all the heavy lifting and moving. But there is NO WAY he will be doing any organizing, determining what to keep/not, etc...
- For example- I may have discussed this before on here. His dad got him this plastic football helmet for Xmas one year. I used to think, "Aww, that's sweet and unique. His dad picked that out for him," assuming his mom did most of the gift selecting. Since I've been spending Christmas with his family (I guess this will be the 6th year), his dad has gotten him a TON of sh*t every year. He totally picks out at least half the gifts we get (and they come from him personally). It's super sweet- but, unfortunately for plastic football helmet, that makes plastic football helmet less "special." While cleaning out the guest room, plastic football helmet was demoted 2 weeks ago. To the attic. Frankly, it should be happy its not in the trash. For the record, J has - unsurprisingly- not missed it. But if I asked him beforehand if I could put plastic football helmet in the attic, he might cry.
- I think its in his blood. His parents' house is so filled with stuff. I've thought multiple times- if they die a sudden death, we're screwed. J & I would surely be in charge of clearing out the house (as we're the only ones who live locally) and if I suggested packing away anything, he would give me the silent treatment for a week. What I'd have to do is not help with anything, let him attempt to organize the house, feel overwhelmed, give up for a few years, try again, feel overwhelmed and only THEN would he be open to the idea of packing things way. And then he'd come to me and ask me to organize and make decisions.
- It's official. Monk is being transitioned to the toddler room next week. The director called me and said she debated for days whether to discuss this with me on Friday or Monday. She assured me the first trip over there would be with her for 15 minutes. Then she'd call me to let me know how she did. Last night J and I were discussing this transition. He convinced me that it is for the best- she is a smart girl. She will be more mentally stimulated in a more organized, classroom environment with other kids her age (it's pre-school once they're out of the infant room). She absolutely loves other little kids, so I know she will be happy there. The director assured me that the toddler teachers are all CPR certified and know what to do in the event that a child starts choking, etc... I've narrowed down my anxiety to the following:
- Choking. Death, in general.
- I don't like the idea of her having to deal with anything short of consistency at this young of an age. The infant room is so cozy and comfortable (to me, at least- Monk's probably bored).
- But I can't really argue with J. She will only benefit from a formal learning environment. Singing songs in a small group of children is right up her alley. Man, nobody loves to dance and bop around like Monkey.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Some things on my mind...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment