Thursday, October 29, 2009

The 3rd Trimester


The Great Comparison


By even the most conservative of timelines, I officially entered my third trimester. I'm unsure how large this stomach looks to you, but my back feels like it's its a pretty substantial load. I'm still able to bend over & shave with ease. Maintaining the old bikini line is something I'd like to keep up throughout this adventure. (You're probably thinking: Umm... you're worried about your bikini line?? Why don't you just start with putting on a pair of JEANS. But I am who I am.). Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

A few items I'd like to point out in this picture:

1. My outfit: I'm wearing my uniform. Sweatpants, struggling to survive, and a yellow wifebeater that will never quite be the same. I bet J is so psyched to get to come home every night to this.

2. My arm: While I've generally gained weight all over (which is good since... umm.. I'm pregnant), the backs of my arms are bearing a disproportionate share of the burden. Every gal's dream.

3. My lovehandes: need I say more? See those suckers? Peeping over the sides of my sweatpants? So hot.

4. The general shape of my stomach: It appears pointy in this photo.

Anyway, this is me at 7 months. Other than the outfit, there's really nothing I can do to change the reality of the situation. The power of genetics cannot be underestimated in these times.

Note: Sorry for the funky set up. I'm too lazy to figure out how to make it nice. The first pic is NOW and the 2nd pic is from my 2nd trimester (member it?).

4 comments:

missafmf said...

I agree that your pregnant belly does appear a bit pointy but not in any sort of odd way. The real comment for this post; however, is to question your "love handles"...dude, seriously?!? You have NO IDEA what true love handles are all about. Be glad for that fact!

M said...

Let's just say sweatpants (thin ones, at that) don't reveal the entire truth. However, trying on my jeans of yore does!

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is w that point. I also think I'm carrying this thing low. This is why many thought it would be a boy.

Anonymous said...

I'm still in slight disbelief that you're pregnant, even though the photo certainly proves otherwise. It's all so strange...

M said...

me too!