I will find a rhythm- none that I've ever known before, but a random one. While at work, I've got some time- my downtime is my own. Haven't had this since the babe. But once I'm home, it's like bootcamp. I truly enjoy every minute of it, I'm just not quite sure how its all supposed to work out. Or what I'm supposed to let slide: the cleaning? (house already in ruins), my work-out schedule? (remind me what a work-out is again...) TV? (remember my love for TV in between 2 dogs? Glad I got it in while the gettin' was good).
So I count down the seconds til I get to leave to pick up my precious little koala bear from daycare. I walk in and receive the daily report. Then I pack her up- as I'm buckling her in her car seat, she realizes its me and breaks out into a huge grin (but she could NEVER be as happy to see me, as I am to see her). Then we go home. We get inside (somehow juggling 3 bags & a car seat with a baby in it) & I unbuckle her. We let out the dogs. While they're outside, we feed them (baby in arms). Then we go up to change (both of us in our PJs), then I quick unload the dishwasher. Then its usually time for her to have a bottle. J gets home around this time & washes Monkey's bottles from the day & makes new ones to put in the fridge for tomorrow. He also makes dinner. Meanwhile, Monkey has finished her bottle & needs a diaper change. A Golden Retriever steals stuff from her trash. I lay out her clothes for the next day. We eat dinner. Then we put her to bed & I shower. And its 10pm and I'm exhausted.
I wish I were anal- like one of those self-proclaimed organization freaks. I am the opposite. But I feel like my house would be a lot tidier if I weren't.
ANYWAY, I don't think my boss's secretary likes me. I want her to like me. But I think she might just be shy bc I am like so ridiculously nice to everyone that there is no way in hell I could have offended her. She works really hard though, so maybe she's just too busy to fret with the new girl. And she does help me out whenever I ask her a question (like how to use the copy machine). Another secretary who I'm tight with told me that this particular secretary recently caught her husband in the midst of an "emotional affair" & now they're divorcing. They have 3 kids. HOW SAD. I feel so bad for her. Tomorrow is Administrative Professional's Day- I already bought my secretary a Target Gift Card, but I wish I would've thought to get this woman a Target gift card today. I bet she could use it. :(
Also, I wonder how single mothers do it. Maybe they just eat cereal for breakfast and don't worry about a tidy house. My mom was single for awhile there while I was young. She worked 3 jobs (she's in the medical field) & I vaguely recall her chucking us in the daycare at the gym during her aerobics class (go Mom!). I hated that daycare. We also had a cleaning lady (I think I told you guys about Grace, our cleaning lady. Her son died of AIDS, sadly). So Grace kept or house nice and clean. But she didn't keep a blog. And she probably also didn't have an online shopping addiction. Bless her frugal heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment