
What's with the hand, right? I thought it was my imagination at first until I sent it to my good friend "Anonymous" without mentioning it. Her first question was something along the lines of: "Why is his middle finger so huge?" I knew it wasn't my crazy eyes or a flashback. I called J at his office & we both stared at the photo on our respective computers. Was it the camera angle? Did brother-in-law purposefully send us this photo to "let us know" about the hand in a subtle way? How do we ask about this? Should we ask? I mean, it doesn't matter, it's just that nobody mentioned anything & it is, afterall, unusual. Now, if that's the way he was born then more power to him. We love him anyway.. But nobody mentioned this in any prior "Welcome to the world" email or phone call.
This evening, I convinced J to call his parents (who are currently staying at Good SIL's to help care for the other kids) ostensibly to see if our fruit basket arrived. It had. J then asked his mom the million dollar question: "Ten fingers and ten toes?" His mom replied in the affirmative. J elaborated about the photo and she said all was fine. J & I laughed over our assumptions. But now that I look at the picture again, WTF? I wonder if J's mom just never noticed.
2 comments:
Did you crop that picture? I'm baffled that they sent a weird half-picture like that.
yeah, just the face, though.
Post a Comment