Sunday, November 14, 2010

10 months

Today is Monkey's 10 month birthday! She celebrated by drinking 8 oz of formula, eating a delightful apples & cherries combo and passing out while watching a Sesame Street Sing Karaoke special. A glutton before the age of 1. Apple doesn't fall far, folks.... :)

I'm also coming in at almost 9 months of working. Silly as it sounds, this is a huge accomplishment to me. When I first started, I could not envision it lasting a month. I've adapted, but I still do not think that this is the job for me, long term. But for the time being, it works.

The drink of the day so far is the milk in which my Honey Nut Cheerios are swimming. But this evening, it will most certainly be a rum and coke. Last night I had wine and I missed my carbonated go-to.

So I'm on J's computer. Again. And I was looking through the folders and found some pics.

This first pic featuring me with my eyes closed is from law schl. I had just returned from a run and we decided to attempt a family photo- which is always hysterical when a beagle is involved. We were baby-less! I cannot imagine a life without the Monkster. While I definitely would not classify myself as "care-free" as a 1st yr l-aw student has about a million worries, I would classify myself as less vulnerable. But I was a pretty huge psychotic mess that year.

And this second pic above is me and my little brother on either my 5th or 6th birthday. I believe 6th. In my hands is my beloved guinea pig.

No comments: