Thursday, November 4, 2010

The New Carpet

Currently Drinking: Bacardi & Coke. As I opened up blogger to begin an entry, I realized I didn't have a drink with me. I set the trusty laptop down & mixed myself a cocktail. I now feel complete.


A few weeks ago, J was lamenting that our living room wasn't "cozy," as we had no carpet. Then he was whining that even if we HAD a carpet, it would be ruined by our dogs' muddy paws. Valid. When we open the backdoor after the dogs have done their business outside, it is like the running of the bulls. The whole house shakes. Mud is everywhere. Everyone within earshot thinks in unison at the general direction of my two 4-legged friends, "CHILL. THE. F*CK. OUT." J, perhaps, the loudest. This morning he told me that after our golden dies, he's refusing to let us get another golden. We'll see about that...


So I unilaterally selected and ordered a rug. A shag rug. J wants cozy? Cozy, he shall receive.
You can imagine my delight as I exited my car this afternoon in the pouring rain with 2 heavy bags, a grumpy baby and no umbrella- in high heels, no less- when I noticed that our new rug was sitting inside our door.


First thing's first. Feed child. Then- Rug time.


I laid it out, realized I hated it, but also realized that it would probably only be around 6 months tops.


My suspicions were confirmed when I let the dogs in and Hannie laid down and started to dig at it.
In the photo below which features the new rug, you may notice a few things:
1. My offspring hanging out in her overpriced jumping machine.
2. My golden relaxing on the floor with her bone.
3. J had too much beer one evening and decided he would subscribe to National Geographic. A magazine is sitting on our "coffee table. " The trunk that J used to take to camp each year as a child.
Tomorrow I will feature our new dining room table.

2 comments:

Mec said...

Dog/Mud problem - I covered the entire backyard in straw hay. I bought bales, $8 each, opened and spread them out. It doesn't stick to the dogs hair, and in the srping we will rake it up and plant grass. I live in the city and baught the straw hay at a garden/feed store. I love shag!

M said...

Good idea! Thanks to the dogs, our backyard is like a dust filled desert. No need to worry about salvaging any grass!