All time favorite: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
Or Gone with the Wind.
This is hard.
Honorable mention: A short story called A Christmas Memory by Truman Capote.
As a child I was a Babysitter's Club junkie. I read them ALL. I still remember way too much about those girls. Occasionally I will find myself thinking about Claudia, and how she hid candy all around her bedroom. I wonder where she bought the candy. 7-11? How did she remember where she hid it? Why did she hide it anyway? Didn't her parents or grandmother (member Mimi?) want her to eat candy? I think so. I forget these details.
I would write more about how MIL told J that his dad's anti-depressants were having s*exual side effects, so he went off of them. DUDE. If my mom said that to me, I would tell her to never share such information with me again. He is a nice boy and simply said, 'Oh' and then changed the subject. He later confessed, "M? I feel like I was molested today."
Me too.
3 comments:
Wasn't Claudia diabetic and that's why she had to hide the candy? Or did I fry too many brain cells in years past, been working in healthcare too long, and completely make that up? Hmmm...
No, I think she was a diabetic. I totally forgot about the books!
Stacey was the diabetic. Dawn liked health food because she was from California.
Post a Comment