Monday, December 20, 2010

Way Behind


Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
Day 18 - my wedding/future wedding/past wedding

I'm gonna knock out these three.

I'm not too original on the emotional front with regard to songs. Canon in D and Christmas Canon are both super sad to me.

An art piece. The daycare had Monkey place her hands in ink pads and then created turkeys out of her hand-print. It said "My First Thanksgiving." I used to think kid drawings were lame. I mean, they're not good, right? But- shocker- I've transformed. I would save those little hand print turkeys from a burning building.

My wedding. I never dreamed of my wedding as a child. I had trouble conceiving of myself going through the entire process. I didn't spend that much time doing anything for my wedding, much to my mother's dismay. I chose one of the first dresses I tried on because it was on sale and looked nice and I had zero say in my centerpieces- I delegated that to my stepmother. I was just looking forward to the substance- being, the party. That said, I had a few requirements: Red roses (bouquets), black bridesmaid dresses and a bagpiper. Check, check and check. Everything else was traditional. I did not need to have anything that truly represented "us" - being J and I. Mainly because, well, "us" isn't throwing a huge party. J is shy and I'm not really a good party planner because I'm disorganized!! My mom encouraged me to think about what I truly wanted out of the day as- hopefully- this will be my only wedding. When push came to shove, what I ultimately wanted was Joe Wedding. Big dress in a church, limo, etc... Voila. I put my mom to work in making that happen. Having the opportunity to throw me a wedding was very important to her. After being a huge biotch all those years, I figured it was the least I could do.

Above is a pic of me bossing around the bridesmaids. My biggest pet peeve are wedding photos. They detract so much from the day- it's boring! My goal was to have the least amount of time spent on pictures. They still took a long time.

No comments: