Monday, May 16, 2011

A week...

Since my dramatic bad day post.  Well I'm happy to report that the following day, I called AAA at lunch and had my car jump-started.  I have been swamped at work and I'm not liking it one bit.  It truly is feast or famine- you have nothing to do at all and think you'll get laid off or you are so swamped that your work product is total trash and you're sure you'll get fired.  J keeps telling me to quit, but I keep telling myself that in 4 short months, I'll be pushing a baby out of my Suzie.  That'll make this work feel like easy street, eh?  Especially if I go without meds- which I have zero intention of doing.

But I must say that having a toddler is So. Much. Fun.  We can do stuff now.  Like go to the zoo and go to fairs and take walks in which she is an active participant.  She has opinions and says things and she's got a big chubby belly and I am most definitely in love. I was in love before, I'm in love now- no change.  Just lots of obsessive love.  She should probably get a restraining order against me.  Oh, and if you haven't notice, I'm lame.  One of my good friends asked if her and her husband and dog could come over to see Monkey's new room (still in progress- she's an interior designer) and hang out and I had to break it to her that we're not that much fun these days- with me pregnant and all.

This particular couple, J & I used to rock it out in the nearby city, bar hopping til close and then finishing up the evening with Chinese rice vodka (that sh*t is no joke), a j*oint and a bag full of bbq potato chips and some It's Always Sunny in Ph*ladelphia. 

She confessed that they're not that fun either.  HA!  But I miss her, so we've got plans.

I also went to that childhood friend's wedding on Saturday.  Left Monk w the evil in-laws and she survived.  I watched people drink, wore a super tight black maternity dress I borrowed from my co-worker and hung out.  It was really beautiful.

So this is a really lame post but I have to get back to work.  G-dd-mn I miss that drink of the night.

I would definitely be drinking hard liquor these days.  I maybe would try scotch.  I feel like a chick drinking scotch is sexy.

Except that time Jesus came over about 2 days before her positive preg test and drank a crap ton of scotch with J while we all played Scrabble. As a refresher, they both passed out - but before Jesus passed out, she puked in my toilet for 2 hours as I held her hair back.  That wasn't sexy.  That was just hilarious.

No comments: