I tried to upload this pic on Friday as a "See how my beagle has grown" but it wouldn't work. But see Lou in the background? She looks concerned. I see a furrowed brow.
In the forefront we have Monk, sitting in the chair the Easter bunny delivered via FedEx a week after Easter. At this point, she uses it more as a jungle gym. The paw of the golden retriever lay beneath her. She is yelling at the golden (a friendly yell- they are friends). As Lou watches on. On the end table in the background sets baby wipes- because we now use them for everything- not just for baby bottoms. They are so convenient. And we buy them in bulk.
Monkey is wearing a onesie that says "Peace Love and Happiness"- I hate this onesie. I opened it at my baby shower and thought, "I do not like this onesie. Monk won't wear it." Guess what? It is now in the PJ rotation. She pees through her diaper at night fairly regularly (I let her drink a big bottle at night bc I worry that she doesn't get enough hydration at daycare), which means pajams and sheets are pretty much changed every day. And I'm grateful to have a onesie I don't love- bc I don't like to have her sleep in anything that she will wear to school. I'm a purist like that. And the pants are hand-me-downs from her cousin and they have little reindeers on them. I love hand me downs.
Anyway, she had a busy day at my nephew's birthday picnic. It was cold out but she didn't care. Whoever was playing ball, that's where she was. So we get home and she is exhausted. I feed her a real dinner, give her a bath, brush her teeth and lay her in bed. I assumed she fell right asleep. 20 minutes later, J hears her crib music (she has a toy that plays music attached to her crib- it lights up- it may be ocean-themed, not sure). He peaks in and she is just laying there with her eyes open, relaxing. Weird, right? What was she thinking about?
Okay, I'm done Monkey rambling. I try not to make this a purely baby blog and I know that most of the time, I fail (I get kind of bummed when someone has a baby and the blog turns into "my baby's milestones" blogs- no offense to the blogger, I totally get the temptation to ramble on about your bundle of joy-- see above and probably every one of my posts since January 2010, afterall.). I also get bummed when people overtly advertise on their blog all of the sudden. They're like, 'Do you know what I like? X! You should try it?' And you're like, 'Wtf? Where did that come from? Not smooth.'
So thus ends the "grinds my gears" segment of the blog.
I have the world's sh*ttiest and busiest work week ahead of me. I worked way too much this weekend (every moment Monk was sleeping). I need to iron my pants for tomorrow and shower, so I can get into work really early. I miss Monkey already. I miss her so much on Mondays. If I didn't have a maternity leave in like 4 months, I'd ask to go part-time (which is Fridays off). I need another day with her. I can't stand it anymore.
1 comment:
She looks so happy! Lou looks like I do when I need a drink.
Post a Comment