My curling iron is broken. If you saw my curling iron, you'd be shocked it even worked to begin with. I use them pretty hard (and every day). It's caked in hair and hairspray and completely gross looking. But buying a new one is such a drag. Similar to a blow dryer. The one I bought when I was 18 before college broke a few months ago. I was so mad that it broke (for some reason, I felt cheated. Like I should get over 11 years of service out of something I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $10), that when J bought me a nicer, new one for Xmas, I was bummed a present had to be wasted on something as boring as a blow dryer. Tomorrow, I will buy a curling iron.
I am leaving in a few moments to pick up the Monk. But first I have to feed the baby. I was so productive today- I ordered a wedding gift online, birth announcements, pictures dating from Summer 2010 through the present, called people about possible asb*estos in our basement (UGH. How and when exactly does home ownership pay off?).
I still worry about Monkey or baby wandering into the street. Our street is not super busy, but it is definitely not a quiet suburban street. This is my only true complaint about the house. Luckily I have found that I can carry the infant carrier and Monkey at the same time. I put Monk down briefly yesterday to chat with the neighbor and she just wanders off. She is too young to understand that streets are dangerous and cars and buses soaring by can kill you. Not to be dramatic, but.. I have a tendency to be dramatic. We had to go around back because a spider as big as a strawberry created a web directly over our front door. Our back yard is flooded (like everything else in the east coast) so we had to step around water-logged dog poop and literally fight off mosquitoes with our hands. Mosquitoes this time of year are SO. BAD. I cannot say this enough. I don't know if it's just my area or it's the entire world or what, but they are the single thing that make me eager for fall. I am not one for cold weather at all, as I've reiterated on here countless times.
Although J & I had a kicka$$ Halloween a few years ago. I believe it was our last child-less and pregnant-less Halloween together. We walked to a nearby concert venue from our cool loft in our [cooler] city and saw a band that was awesome and we drank good beer and too much of it. And then we came home to our beagle and it was such a nice night we could leave our windows open and feel safe since we were on the 5th floor. I'd like to remind myself quickly that on our last night out to dinner in said city that I almost got mugged of my cash-less bag. J laughs so hard when he thinks about someone taking my bag... I never ever carry cash and he worries about this fact so much. But one time, I DID carry cash. And it was the night of his bachelor party. His friends came up to our apartment and one of his "friends" swiped $60 from the top of the microwave- MY $60. That I was carrying. Cash. I told J someone stole it and he defended his friends. At a bachelor party a month later, more money was stolen. This individual was in attendance but had left earlier in the evening (but not before the money was stolen). Then he thought he was being sly by calling up J or another guy who was at the party the next day and saying, 'Hey... I hate to put a damper on the evening but... someone stole $200 from me.' When the recipient said, 'Yeah.. well Jon had $300 stolen,' the thief said, 'Yeah, but he won that money at the casino earlier that day... so he kind of broke even.' Hmm.... no. This thief also has a gambling problem, spotted work history and married a rich girl whose dad fills their bank accounts each month with money. So why would he bother stealing? Probably because of his gambling addiction. Anyway, I digress. J isn't really good friends with this guy. And I don't really like his wife at all. I am pretty social in that I can hold a conversation with pretty much anyone on this earth, except a few people- including her. This leads me to believe that the problem is her.
Anyway, I'm kind of glad that this money incident happened and that J defended his friend who ended up being a thief (who nobody ever confronted). It's one of those things that you can hold over your husband's head pretty much forever. Like if my friend or family member does something that annoys or offends him I say, 'Well, did they steal $60 from you? No? Then it looks like you came out on top.' And this type of ammo, my friends, is worth way over $60. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment