Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby Shower

I haven't had an old school "I'm in bed all day" cold.... until now. So while this won't likely be my wittiest of entries, it will have to suffice.

Yesterday was my baby shower. I feel compelled to detail how blessed I am for the people in my life. I hate going to baby & bridal showers, etc... including my own. But I am consistently amazed at the generosity of others when it comes to getting married & procreating. I feel bad for J- his family isn't close & his parents have maintained these "networking" friendships in lieu of true relationships (his mom is so formal, I'm unsure she knows what a real friendship is). So, when it comes to this type of stuff, the guest list is entirely my family/friends, etc.. which sucks for them. While rumor has it MIL was on her best behavior (so was SIL, unfortnately for the sake of my storytelling), J was annoyed that all she could say in the car ride home was, 'WE never had a baby shower.' ???? This b*tch is close to 70.

Anyway, we got a ton of things I expect we'll need. In times like these, not having a dining room table is ideal- bc it's somehow morphed into an impromptu nursery/recycling center filled with large empty boxes.

Alright, I feel like sh*t. I'm going back to bed.

Oh, but my outfit was classic. I decided to wear a non-maternity shirt. Thankfully, it was black. Bc opening gifts in front of everyone makes me nervous- and my nerves result in sweaty pits. And boobs. But bc it was non-maternity & I have a belly, my white globe of a stomach was consistently poking out the bottom of the shirt. White trash baby shower? Naturally. Can't wait to see the pics from this one.

No comments: