Announcement: Jesus had her baby boy. She sent me a text last night that she was going into labor & then her mom text me today, 'We're having a baby sometime today!' So then around 1:00 this afternoon, her husband called me & very excitedly (cute, right?) told me he weighs about 8 pounds & they're waiting for a room at the hospital- but they weren't sure when a room would open up.
I told him I'd give them a chance to settle in, but I'll be there bright & early tomorrow morning (ahhh, the luxuries of the under-employed). I hope she's not insulted that I don't come tonight. But I kind of assume a lot of family will be there, etc.. & I don't want to impose.
Jesus doesn't read this blog by the way- I actually wouldn't feel comfortable with her knowing I was dreading throwing her a baby shower - although it wasn't personal- nor would I want her to read that entry about the course of our -at times rocky- relationship. Plus, she's generally not a blog-reading or computer-minded individual. But that's besides the point.
I kept saying to J in the car after I got the call, "I can't believe she had the baby." J responded, "What did you think was going to happen? She's been pregnant for 9 months & sent you a message last night that she was going into labor." Valid point. But still...
Oh, and has anyone seen True Life: I'm pregnant with Twins? The one pregnant chick had cravings for CHALK & kept a fresh box of white chalk in her nightstand at the hospital. The doctor said that he has heard of women craving things like this before. Dude... my own personal pumpkin pie? Understandable. Not chalk.
No comments:
Post a Comment