So good SIL (w the 2 kids) offered to host either Thanksgiving or Xmas at her place this year. Her town evidently does cute things around the holidays. While I plan on cordially agreeing, I'm disappointed for ridiculous reasons.
This would've been the first year we we wouldn't have to board the dogs (we live in the same town as J's parents). And I'm developing agoraphobia. Lastly, when the drama heats up (evil SIL will be there)- J & I are stuck.
So I'm actually RELYING on evil SIL to veto these plans. Again, I love good SIL, I do. But at heart, I am a heathen. A Non-Joiner. A lover of wine & debauchery. Cursing. Dogs. Inappropriate humor. Relaxing on the beach (had to throw this in). I am not yet a mother of 3 with an interest in keeping my children pure. I'm still at square one-my baby ain't here yet- and I see no need to get ahead of myself.
Standing in the cold watching Santa cruise down Main St among a bunch of random children? NOT ME. Watching a random town tree lighting ceremony w a bunch of random children? Not until I have my own kid & I feel like watching this tree with her will enhance her childhood memories of Xmas. Until then, I don't care about the tree. I want to stay warm inside a house.
But, alas, I will do this happily since I know it means a lot to good SIL to have us partake in her family's festivities. She's always doing super nice things for everyone & gets very little credit in return. Evil SIL makes her more miserable than any of us. And she keeps on trying to establish a relationship with Evil SIL and Evil SIL shoots her down every time. I don't understand why she tries. Perhaps its a sister thing.
On Saturday night there was a mother of 3- she was dressed as slutty superwoman. (Not too slutty, just slutty for a mother. And it was hilarious. I liked her immediately. When we were introduced she goes, 'Ok, I didn't know I'd be meeting new people. I'm, like, really embarassed right now.') So we're all trick-or-treating and she was bored to death. She muttered under her breath after 15 minutes, 'Ok, I'm done.' and asked her kid, 'Do you want to continue trick-or-treating or do you want to go home and eat candy?' Manipulative. Love it. The kid goes, 'Eat candy!' As she sauntered away in her red patent leather, thigh-high boots she called out, 'Later guys! Ha! Have fun! Suckers!' Good SIL is GOOD, though. I mean this- she was more into trick-or-treating than the kids. But there were a few other women of my kind who looked at Superwoman longingly and shook their heads with envy: their kids did not fall for the question. If I lived in that town, Superwoman would be my best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment