Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Plumbing & a Brief Relocation

Last night we had to sleep at the trusty old in-laws because of that plumbing problem. J's childhood home is m*therf*cking FREEZING. Totally uncool. I got out of the shower this morning & all the stubble immediately re-grew on my legs. Last night I was desperately clinging to J for warmth. At one point he unwound my legs from his, told me I was strangling him & that he needed his sleep. Clearly, he finds me irresistible.

While MIL was sweet as pie last night (mostly), she asked no less than 7 times whether we think Evil SIL's dog looks like a beagle. J was so patient. He answered her question every time, never once pointing out the fact that he'd answered it many times before. We got up to his childhood bedroom & he goes, "I think my mom's losing it." I responded, "I think she's just drunk." Her speech was really slow and somewhat slurred. And her eyes looked glassy. In her defense, I had a few glasses myself.

Monkey takes a lot of pressure off with regard to the in-laws. Everyone just sits around cooing at her. And now that she's interactive- babbling, flirting, cooing, she's pretty much the life of the party. Today was pajama day at daycare. How cute is that?

No comments: