Evil SIL is returning to her hometown (my current town) for 2 weeks beginning next Saturday. She took a leave of absence from her job bc she's really stressed out & had an epileptic seizure. She's had epilepsy forever & it's like this huge family secret. My old roommate in NYC had epilepsy & it was no big deal (I mean, yeah, it was a serious medical condition, but it wasn't a secret). But with regard to Evil SIL- not the case. I guess my in-laws told her when she was little not to tell anyone & it would be "their little secret." So she grew up with this enormous sense of shame surrounding the illness. So, if you see J around town, do NOT mention his sister's illness. Bc he gets all weird about it too.
Anyway, onto ME (hehe, jk). I'm bummed at the prospect of seeing her. I thought I was free until Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
re: E-SIL---I don't like her whole...business.
Post a Comment