Last night J decided that Monkey has sleep apnea after she awoke for the 3rd time after a coughing fit. He laid out a sheet on the floor, placed her on it & lay beside her. "I can hear it," he said, "It's like her throat is closing & then she chokes and it opens back up. It's physiological." It was then that I thought he lost his marbles. I agreed to first google sleep apnea in babies. Then I googled acid reflux (Dr. J diagnosis numero 2). Then I laid down next to her to listen to this alleged "physiological" phenomenon. Then I called the doctor bc we were beginning to bicker.
The doctor said it's not sleep apnea and told us to schedule an appt for tomorrow.
The diagnosis is invisible reflux. Turns out J was closer than I'd like to think.
So Monkey and I headed to Target for baby oatmeal to put in her bottles. I was in heels and work clothes, which made lugging a baby around uncomfortable. I was STARVING. Haggard. I contemplated McDonald's but I didn't have enough gas to get to a McD's. I had to get J an anniversary gift. Made of cloth, since it's our 2nd. Don't I sound like a mess? You should have seen the pools of grease across my face & my hair all crazy. And Lord knows where the hell my sunglasses are. I think they're in one of our 3 diaper bags. Shizzle. I caught a glimpse of a girl in the car beside me- sunglasses, clean hair, cute non-work clothes, manicured nails- overall, a hot piece of a$$. But ya know what she didn't have? A monkey passed out in her backseat. Although, admittedly, she might have and I just didn't see. I'm still somewhere along the learning curve...I wondered at what point I will have sunglasses and pedicured feet again.... 6 months? or 17 yrs?
I'm supposed to be working right now, so I'm going to go do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment