Sunday, June 21, 2009

Failure

So remember my disclaimer in which I claimed I was attempting to remedy my relationship w SIL1 (my brother's wife)? I failed.

I called my aunt & we had an hour long slam slam session on SIL1. Ya see.... after studying last evening, I innocently sign onto facebook & myspace. Only to find that SIL's Myspace message states, "Did my marraige vows include the word ETERNITY?" Her facebook message stated, "Why is the right thing to do always the hardest?" As the sister of her husband (her husband who takes primary care of this baby, despite that she quit her job to be a "stay at home mom"), I found this irritating. But I kept quiet (ok, well, I only told J. And we had a mini slam session on how big of a b*tch she is- considering 75% of her facebook friends are MY family who she barely knows- since she literally has 2 friends- remember, I was her maid of honor? Do I sound like a good maid of honor?). Then this morning, her facebook message stated, "It's father's day... does that mean I FINALLY get a day off?"

The truth: My brother JUST went back to work last Monday. He had been doing the night shifts w the newborn. SIL had been sleeping through the night & doing day shift (which consisted of doing nothing w the baby - who was still nocturnal- and lunching w her friends). Every week of that baby's life, my mom has babysat for 5+ hours at a time at least 3 days a week. Her mother had been doing the same. This amounts to approximately ONE full day with the baby.

I may sound overly sensitive, but it appears to me that she's conducting an online smear campaign against my brother - to HIS family. She friended my aunt on facebook (foolishly) & my aunt, unbeknownst to me, had also begun to follow her status updates. Suffice it to say- we had plenty to talk about.

I'm not saying that motherhood is easy- I'm sure it's super hard. Especially with a newborn. But is talking sh*t on your husband the answer? He's not online, so he has no clue what she writes. He called me yesterday to say 'hi,' oblivious. He wanted me to hear his son making baby noises. I asked where SIL was & he said she was out w her friends. It sounds like this b*tch gets more breaks than most new mothers....

I would also like to add that I got WAAY too drunk at their wedding. To the point where people talk about it/bring out pictures, I leave the room. I didn't mean to get that drunk & I have no idea how it happened. I recently saw a "never before seen" picture from that dreaded day: I was dirty dancing w, like, an 8th grader. I have no clue who this kid is. The Blind: Please don't comment. This is a more sensitive topic to me than my 7th grade make out session.

Snuggles,

M.

No comments: