Thursday, December 17, 2009

35 Weeks

Here I am in all my unshowered glory. I had to crop my head from this picture bc the mere sight of my unwashed greasy hair & mascara smeared eyes makes me want to vomit even more than the feeling I get when I attempt to wear my jeans of yesteryear.

I've changed wife beaters to the traditional white, as you can see. Big changes in these parts. I don't know if this qualifies as a step up or a step down.


Below is a super depressing picture of what I hope to tackle today. That pile is located in our guest bedroom (the rest of which is relatively clean). But I find it to be insurmountable in terms of organization. It's comprised of a red blanket I hate (but was a gift from Good SIL so I can't trash it), a hawaiian shirt, warm-up pants (that I'll probably trash), piled on a tupperwear of my wrinkled dry-clean-only work clothes... which probably won't fit by my work start date. Oh, & a cork board.


Meanwhile I've done the baby's wash- all her newborn & 0-3 mos clothes, blankets, washcloths, sheets, etc... in Dreft (hypoallergenic laundry detergent, which some say is unnecessary). It was the last thing I felt like doing- so I figured I'd probably feel like doing it even less as the weeks progress.

I would call this "nesting," but the definition of "nesting" includes phrases like "sudden bursts of energy" & "strong desire to organize"- neither of which I have. My body may manifest its nesting instict by sitting on the couch eating ice cream while watching TV. Wouldn't that be a shame?! Or more like a shameful delight. It certainly beats laundry.

No comments: