Monday, December 14, 2009

Updates

As crazy as it gets around these parts:

1. Last night I awoke w a sharp pain at the bottom of my uterus. I assumed I had to pee (though this pain hasn't accompanied a full bladder previously), so I tried to get up, failed & remained in pain for about a minute. After some mid-morning googling, it appears the baby *may* have dropped (also evidenced by today's altered fetal movements & corresponding waddling. So hot.). I'll know for sure tomorrow at the doctor. Otherwise, it's my pelvis doing something funky in preparation for the big day.

2. Saturday night I attended a college friend's party (the one I made out w). Old roommate, (N- from Amsterdam) was there, as was maid-of-honor N. So it was really fun, but I was sober. Poor J had to sit there & listen to his wife's past sexual exploits. Thank God he was drunk.

3. Crazy SIL (my little brother's wife- to be distinguished from Evil SIL which is J's sister)- emailed me asking how I was doing. I responded, "I'm doing good. Just enjoying my last few weeks of the calm before the storm - sitting on the sofa w the dogs." I try to give as little info as possible, as she loves to give mushy unsolicited advice.

I failed. Her response included barf-worthy statements like, "Do NOT feel guilty for watching TV with your pups. Trust me, you'll never have time once the baby arrives. You'll love being a Mom. I know I do. I can;t wait to have more babies! If money weren't an issue, I would be pregnant right now! Enjoy your sofa before you are overwhelmed with awesome Mommy-duties ( :"

Thoughts: My desire to bond w her over this shared experience doesn't exist. We have nothing in common. My disdain for her was cemented in a separate paragraph of the same email.

She recently started working part-time as a cashier at Walgreens. She filled me in on how that was going, "I'm still working in the evenings. I miss banking/finance! The pharmacy tech thing doesn't do it for me...it's mindless compared to what I used to do. Either way, it fits my schedule and brings in some extra money for my bitty! I also really like my boss. He is so sweet ( : "

Thoughts: She misses banking/finance? As in investment banking? Or what... bc I'm confused. She was a bank teller. There is NOTHING wrong w being a bank teller, but let's call it like it is, eh? F*cking finance. She used to avoid family get togethers on weekends by saying she had "important appointments with clients." Now, pharmacy tech actually requires difficult schooling- it's super complicated. It's NOT the same thing as a cashier (again, NOTHING wrong a being a cashier but again.... ringing up some teenager's birth control at the register is NOT the same thing as being a pharm tech.). I may have mentioned this before, but she's also been going around telling random family members that she's a Registered Nurse. I'm not even going to grace that comment w a cynical response.

Also, does anyone find the comment about her boss being "so sweet" followed up w a smiley face to be suspect? I hope he's a little old man, otherwise, it looks like Crazy SIL wants me to believe she's about to be boned by the Walgreens manager. Which begs the question... why would you even HINT to your husband's sister about it?

I apologize for my general negativity. I tend to vent on this blog, which probably just makes me look really bad. But oh well.

1 comment:

Mec said...

I don't think your venting makes you look really bad. Sometimes it even makes me laugh my ass off. Keep it up. As for the "so sweet" comment and smiley face...so gay. She is crazy and I love it. Makes the rest of us look super normal!