Sad, right? I'm still not over the death of the Golden Girls.
So J & I had a weekend filled w extended family Xmas stuff, but all was cancelled due to snow. Frankly, I wasn't bummed about spending the entire weekend on the couch. The 2 ft of snow affected me not (J probably feels a bit differently).
New Year's parties:
Umm.. I'm avoiding them. We declined a wedding invitation (not supposed to travel in month 9 &... I'm done going to weddings pregnant). I'd normally lose sleep w excitement over such an event- pretty dress, lots of make up, high heels & a bottomless glass of wine? Best Night Ever. Until now. J was sad we were missing this couple's ceremony, while I was sad I was missing a well-earned annual New Year's Day hangover (See how lucky our baby is to have J as a dad???!!).
I generally attend low key New Year's Eve celebrations. And I'm a sucker for wanting to watch the ball drop in Times Square. Do you realize how uncool it is to be at a party or bar & beg for someone to turn on Times Square? I've done this countless times & faced much mockery (almost as much as when I drunkenly & shamelessly beg the bride to please let the band/DJ play the Electric Slide). When I miss it, I feel like I missed New Year's. I love watching the last few seconds of the year & the confetti & then that moment of quiet as everyone watches the people in NYC singing. It's so beautiful & sad & hopeful. Wow, I'm lame.
3 comments:
I was supposed to be in Times Square this year for it. Normally I'd say no, but it would be a private party in a private, heated office. Sadly, I'll be in the Bahamas instead. haha..sadly.
Both of those places sound better than my couch. That's pretty huge. Bc I love my couch.
Nah, your couch is better. Trust me. It's a drama-free couch.
Post a Comment