Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby 2

So the way it came to be was in late October or early November... maybe even mid-November, J was like, "M, I'm ready to start trying for another baby." 

And I'm telling you- there's some weird hormonal stuff going on in the female (and possibly male?) body that's like, "I need another baby asap."  Because if I were feeling remotely rational I would pause and appreciate Monk sleeping through the night, her increasing independence (and thus my increasing freedom), etc... but that's not how it works [for me.. or J].  Perhaps we weren't sufficiently overwhelmed!! 

I was immediately on board.

But we didn't want to like have to plan se*x or anything.  So within 6 months was fine.

First month, no baby, got my period and it was a super long cycle.  Decided to keep track of how long this sucker was anyway.

I figured I might be ovulating sometime around Xmas based on general estimates (but wasn't sure bc I only tracked my cycle for 1 month and it was immediately after going off birth control).

I forgot about our plans to bang around Xmas due to everyone projectile vomiting all around me.  And 3 days after Xmas when I was projectile vomiting into my own trash can at work- sex was the very last thing on my mind. 

If J was in the mood, I would've been like Miranda on the episode of Se*x and the City when her and Steve are on their honeymoon and she's hiding in the woods, talking on the phone to Carrie afraid he's coming to find her to have se*x with her.  Didn't wanna do it.

Well folks, evidently the deed occurred during this time.  Because my period in early December was the last one I saw.  This may or may not be a miracle akin to the Immaculate Conception.

No comments: