So everything was fine. Actually, if you want to get into the nitty gritty at this point I have a placenta previa (which means the placenta is laying over my cervix). It's so early, though and typically it moves up on its own. This happened during my pregnancy with Monkey and it fixed itself so I'm hoping that I'm just as fortunate this time as well. Until then, though, I will have extra ultrasounds because I'm "high risk." High risk of what, you ask? Oh, just bleeding to death during delivery is all! :)
In reality, I was told by Jesus's mom (who is a midwife) that they would just schedule me for a c-section. Which I used to be fine with until I read Jodi Sweetin's interview in People mag where she talked about almost bleeding to death after her c-section due to an undiagnosed blood condition. Nice, right? Wouldn't it suck to be my gyno in times like these?
As with almost every aspect of pregnancy, though, it is out of my hands and I'll just have to hope for the best.
As suspected, the ultrasound tech refused to guess a gender. She made me feel better about this when she told me she guessed wrong on her own child 12 months ago. So even if some ultrasound techs can tell, this one clearly cannot.
A few notes on the session:
1. J has strep throat so he couldn't attend, unfortunately for him.
2 . My left tonsil now hurts. I will probably have strep by tomorrow evening.
3. I was bummed I left my Kindle at home but the news was on and the headline was, "Tsunami about to hit Hawaii any minute." So I was fully engaged. In the waiting room before an ultrasound with Monkey I remember there was coverage over Michael Jackson's death.
4. A 16 year old pregnant girl was waiting with me and an uninteresting early 30-something couple. It was clear that she took the bus to the hospital, as she was over an hour early (which I think is really cute). I could tell the u/s techs were annoyed, but that was also because she kept asking questions loudly and in sort of an obnoxious manner. "Are there vending machines?" "Yes, in the lobby." "Where's the lobby?" (Hey, I didn't know either). "Umm.. over there. Where you came in." "WHERE?" (Again, I'm bad with directions too. Can't blame her.). They asked for her insurance card and she said because she's 16 she has Medicaid(? Not sure if this is what she called it). Then she realized she brought her brother's. They said they'd look hers up. She had a big white flower in her hair and was hyper. But she was just probably excited and nervous. I wanted to ask her if she watches 16 & Pregnant but decided against it. I hope they were nice to her. I mean, her life is probably difficult enough (and is probably about to get a whole lot more tough).
5. The little baby was SO CUTE! During my last ultrasound it looked like a seed. A yolk and everything. But now it looks like a person- I saw thighs, little feet, a butt, the works. And he was totally lounging in there, laying on his back and sucking his thumb. It's crazy- because even though he's literally living inside my body, me and the little tyke are living completely separate existences. I have no clue what he's doing, he has no clue what I'm doing. His little ears probably aren't even developed enough to hear my rambling yet!
Oh, I made an appt to find out the gender for April 8.
No comments:
Post a Comment