As I look back on law school, I realize a few things & remember a few people.
Realization 1: I still don't "get" it, despite my decent grades. I have no magical outlines to share (or outlines in general), no "special" notes, no tricks, no tips. Nothing. Just a general, 'DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!'
Person 1: Asian girl from OldLawSchool. Went to MIT, majored in engineering, was an engineer for a few years, claimed to get excellent grades, told great stories. Mid-way through our friendship, I suspected her stories were fabricated for my amusement. She wore sweatpants every day, travelled with a backpack on wheels. Loved pizza, studied from 4AM onward. Was in bed by 8PM. Had to call her boyfriend to ask before she did anything social. When I transferred she continued to call me all the time & wanted to be invited to my wedding. I only answered her call once & then stopped.
Person 2: Woman from NewLawSchool. Older, "non-traditional" student. Huge biotch. I only know her from 1 class & I was shocked to learn that she loved to be rude in pretend class "lawyering" play-scenarios lead by the professor. Wears"hip" clothing, has kind of a young body but an old, old face. The kind of face where when she shuts her mouth, you feel like there might be no teeth behind them lips, if ya know what I mean. Anyway, I was sad to learn that I disliked her. I've never even spoken a word to her.
Person 3: Girl from NewLawSchool. Drives a BMW, is a runner, has red hair, freckles and a ginormous nose. Stares at me. Eats Cliff Bars during class. Once I smiled at her and she didn't return the smile. So I immediately emailed M*ke H*mmer (Consort) to tell him what happened. He wrote some reassuring words that comforted me in my time of need. I get sad when I look at the class roster and see that she is on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment