Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Break Day 1

I would like to report that my last shower was Saturday. 2 days ago. I'm still wearing sweatpants (the same ones), but I have changed both my underwear & my tank top. This does not make me feel any cleaner. Poor J has his first trial today & had to wash himself out of a basin of microwaved water (Sexy!). Our shower will not even TURN ON when the water heater is shut off (or broken, in our case). There is no "cold shower" option, which seems odd & either archaic or high tech.

I've been filling out my bar application, and I have to list every place I've ever worked and lived, along with traffic violations, tons of college info, old resumes, etc...

Confessions:

1. In 2004 I never paid my taxes. This has been weighing on me like a ton of bricks. I made so little money I probably would've owed under $200. I'm going to try to fix it, but I fear that they're going to slam me with like 400% interest. Anyway, I never got a w-2. Thanks, employer.

2. 12 years ago I got a speeding ticket. I was 16. My 10 yr driving record doesn't reflect this fact.

And that's it. A relatively clean slate for what felt like a somewhat rocky life at times. Not so. I plan on disclosing the above, for the record.

Also, of all the little restaurants I worked at, it wants me to list the manager. For realz? Am I supposed to call Pizzeria Uno (I worked there for 2 months as a hostess) & ask who managed the joint in March of '03? I also wokred at a restaurant in Manhattan for 1 day-- called the MJ Grill. I was shadowing & never got paid. Do I list this? Because I technically "worked" there.

Ugghers.

No comments: