So all last night & into this morning, I experienced some pretty intense Braxton-Hicks contractions (practice contractions for your uterus). Most of them weren't painful, nor were they occurring with increasing intensity, so I knew they weren't the real deal. J & I played Wii all night while I ignored them.
But this morning at Target I experienced a whole new animal. Imagine menstrual cramps from hell- complete w nausea, the shakes, an inability to walk, etc... Each woman experiences contractions differently, and I have yet to learn how I will experience mine. Since I've been damned with wretched monthly, nausea-inducing menstrual cramps since the tender age of 12, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was how MY body opted to experience contractions. I staggered into the house and tried to shower. By mid-shower, I knew I was in the clear. I decided to wash my hair- an indication that I was feeling like I had a grip on things. After experiencing a few more cramps with decreasing intensity, I realized I'd live to see another day as a pregnant woman.
But if labor is anything like those cramps- I'm f*cked.
For the newbies: false labor is fairly common. If your uterus were a car, it would be the equivalent of the car stalling. And then, eventually, it doesn't stall & real labor happens. If I end up induced, I feel pretty shafted. I mean, if you're going to be induced anyway, why be forced to go through the pain & trauma that is false labor????
No comments:
Post a Comment