Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pregnancy Weight

Whilst on the phone w Jesus the other day, I decided to step on the scale to see where I was at weight-wise. I gained about 25 lbs during the ole' pregnancy. I have done NOTHING to lose the weight-- the idea of me running on a treadmill these passed 2 wks is laughable. So is the idea of me shopping for healthy food.

The only thing I've done is forget to eat a meal here & there (opting for caring for the woman-child or sleep) AND eating on the go (like... grabbing a piece of bread from the kitchen en route to changing a diaper & then breastfeeding). Before you know it- the next meal time is here.

I was shocked to learn that in 2 wks, I had lost 20 pounds. So if I decide to start trying to "lose the weight" (again... I just don't foresee this happening for a few more weeks), I'm at a better starting point than I thought I'd be. (Naturally, I've attributed my weight loss to my self-diagnosed melanoma... still paranoid about that).

This isn't uncommon, by the way. If you google things like, 'Weight loss after pregnancy,' you'll see that I'm not alone. I guess a lot of it is baby, placenta (gross), water, etc... People always told me this, but I never really believed it. So to all you females contemplating procreation out there: The weight comes off!!!

But my abs don't look the same- not at all. I didn't even realize I had abs before. I guess it takes time for your ab muscles to grow back together? They separate and crap as the baby grows in your stomach.

Oh, and I'm interested to see what my boobs look like after I'm done breastfeeding. I'm thinking amazon woman- long & thin. Lifeless. Hot.

Anyway, how depressing is it outside? January has always been my least favorite month... followed closely by February.. and then March. And then November. January is generally a month of sadness & loneliness (despite the solitary delight of my daughter's birth). And I'm thrilled that it's coming to a close.

No comments: