We made it to the mall & grocery store. I bought work clothes for me & a swimming suit for Monks (big plans, folks, big plans. I'm gonna post pictures of her in her new suit later). She morphed into my grumpy little chicken nugget towards the end, but I was feelin' it too. I saw myself in the dressing room mirror- disheveled at best. My hair was a wreck (even more so than usual) and my hoodie had slipped off my shoulder like a whore. I had a crazed look in my eye- indicating to the world that I'd been hauling around an infant & car seat all morning and got 5 hours of very interupted sleep last night...and the night before that... and the night before that. In short, I looked like hell. Luckily, I was at the dirt mall and its only other occupants were teenagers skipping school, mothers of small children (a la moi) & groups of dirty old men sitting around tables.
Monkey was mistaken for a boy multiple times, but that's to be expected when her mother (of questionable emotional stability) dresses her in gender neutral clothing. And she's bald.
No comments:
Post a Comment