

My memories of spring are pretty much limited to the passed 10 years. I don't recall it in high school/jr high/elementary school. But I DO recall it in college and beyond.
Fresh year, I used my fake I.D. downtown at a bar I LOVED on Fridays. At around 10pm (my current bedtime.....) they'd bust out the karaoke. I drunkenly sang my heart out every week.
Soph year we had a front porch to sit on and chill. Haven't had a front porch like that since... .
My junior year in NYC - my certifiably crazy roommate and I would skip classes for the day & go shopping (at H&M) & eat and get wasted at sidewalk cafes. One particular night we met these British dudes, one of whom I kept in touch with for a few years named Joe. But the following year when he came to visit, the spark we originally felt was gone (at least on my end).
My last year of college (full year- I took my time) I lack such memories. I was depressed & stressed about graduating bc I was unsure about my next move. I didn't feel like going to law school and as an English major, this puts you in a precarious position. I was dating another dude named Joe (an American) who I also didn't feel a spark with... but I couldn't figure out why. We discussed it countless times over the year, which in retrospect amuses me. Our convos were like, Me: "I just don't know why I'm not that into you." Joe: "I don't understand why we can't just be exclusive." Me: "Me neither. I'm just not feeling it." Joe: "Are you sure? Do you think if we date long enough you eventually will?" Me: "We can try." But it never worked. When he found out I was engaged 3 years later (via our mutual college friend) he was super critical & said that I couldn't get married bc I was too "inexperienced." Isn't that funny? I can tell you what, though- inexperienced or not- I didn't have to force the spark with J. And I still feel it. And it's awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment