Sunday, August 14, 2011

Early Riser

So, true to pregnancy form, I woke up at about 530 this morning and can't go back to sleep.  After an hour of unsuccessful attempts and reading, I decided to wake up and enjoy the morning in solitude. 

First, though, is sneaking downstairs and letting out and feeding the dogs in silence.

I love these idiots with all my heart, but a morning to myself is one of the most rare and treasured delicacies I've got. 

And they ruin it Every. Single. Time.

They can't handle any change in routine.  I am not allowed to sit anywhere but on the love seat in between them- golden on my right, beagle on my left.  If I place my own comfort before their peace of mind and move to the large couch- ya know, being a million months pregnant with acid reflux and back pain- they can't handle it.  The beagle stands in front of me howling and the golden just paces and drives everyone in the house nuts.  To the extent that I eventually surrender and move to the love seat in between them- golden on my right, beagle on my left.

Well, the mornings are no different.  First J & I get Monk, change her diaper and take her downstairs.  I get Monkey started on breakfast while J let's out and feeds the dogs.  Then like a pack of wild animals they barge in and sit at Monkey's high chair, at which time she so generously feeds them waffles, cheerios, fruit, etc...

This morning Monkey is still sleeping.  So after their own breakfast, they are completely at a loss: Where is Monkey? Where is J? Why is M the only one up?!!??  Instead of, I dunno, sleeping.  Sitting.  Chewing a bone.  Being a dog.  The golden chooses to run laps around the house.  The beagle, true to beagle form, decides to howl.  

This is my peaceful quiet morning.



No comments: