Isn't the sight of those injured seals who narrowly escaped attack heartbreaking??! I can't stop thinking about them.
After watching Shark Water, I was temporarily a shark rights person, but after a few days of shark week- I retract my earlier sentiments. They are deadly predators!
I never had a shark scare (unsurprisingly as my childhood vacation spot was the Jerz shore. And then later North Carolina). My friend Jesus claims she felt a shark swim by her- she said the body of a smooth large and long fish brushed up against her leg at the Jersey shore. I believed her at the time, but I don't believe her anymore. She has since confessed that 90 percent of what came out of her mouth as a teenager was bullsh$t. She lied to sound cool. I was so sad to hear this as she had some cool stories and I remember them all.
I dont think she realized this.
The summer after 8th grade, her mon sent her to her dad's house in Oklahoma for a month. She returned with stories that she made out with a coworker at the gas station she worked at,
etc... in 2004 she asked me to proof her essay for bible college. Turns out there wasn't much
making out on that trip- at least not in this version of the story. Her essay discussed how
she was recruited by a Christian youth group that summer and gave her testimony of being born
again in front of a ton of teenagers. It is okay, though. Being 14 sucks. I may have been
more honest, but I definitely was not cool. And I enjoyed the make-out story more than I would
have been entertained by stories of her playing freeze tag at youth group in the bread basket.
No comments:
Post a Comment