Bored at work yesterday, I googled my step-dad's niece's name (Dan*ielle, but we'll call her Dan). My mom told me Dan just got engaged and I was wondering what she was up to. It lead me directly to her blog. Actually, it lead me directly to her sexually explicit blog. Crazy, right? She was writing things like, "We f*cked like crazy... I have the rug burns to prove it, etc.. etc.." I could not believe my eyes. Although I actually kind of could bc back in the day, I was Myspace friends with her and her blog entries on there were pretty explicit so...but I assume you had to at least be friends w her on myspace to read it! Whatevs.
ANYWAY, she copies an email she wrote to my step-dad earlier this summer about how f*cked up their family is (see? It's not just me being a b*iotch!) - She said she finds my step-dad to be the most sane in the family (Sadly, I agree) and thinks that both her mother (who she hasn't spoken to in 6 years) and her grandpa (the one with the rope-belt) are bi-polar. Well, they're something! That's for sure!
My step-dad wrote back this super long email about their family's geneology (member those d*mn geneology books he littered up my moms shelves with? In the email he told his niece that he left her those books in his will.). He first gave her a guilt trip for never answering his calls- true to his rude and socially awkward form. But then he started going into the various idiosyncracies of these random ancestors- which definitely included mental disorders. He wrote about how much him and his sisters and his mother suffered at the hands of his father: his dad would expect them to pay bills at a young age, take their physical possessions and sell them to people, belittle them (especially if they accomplished a goal), never support them, etc... He said that he has discussed with his siblings that the best moment of their lives involved them "escaping" from the grips of the "family fa*rm." (Remember the farm that made me hate all farms?) He said the biggest insult he can receive is "You are just like your father" and, even today, he finds himself caring more about his father - buying him a house to live in, tending to his needs- emotional and financial- while his dad just takes and takes from him, even during periods of extended unemployment, and criticizes.
He said he wasn't sure if it was bi*polar disorder or something that happened in his youth that caused him to be this way. He never could hold down a job, though, after graduating top in his class and being otherwise employable. My step-dad guessed possible bullying (?) or obesity (suspecting that he eats away his emotions).
Dan's entire blog chronicles how she struggled with her severely emotionally abusive mother throughout her childhood and how she ran away 2 months after her 18th bday and never looked back. She still cannot make peace with her childhood (Who can, I guess?)
Interestingly, my step-dad wrote in his email that he financially assisted his sister when his Dan's dad tried for custody (does this make sense? the baby daddy saw that my step-dad's sister was a crazy b*tch and wanted custody of Dan full time). Remember I mentioned how this family court judge made me sleep in the same room as my step-dad's sister and her daughter? Well, this was the time that the custody battle was going on-- Geez, my blog really is coming in full circles today! Anyway, I wonder how Dan took this aspect. Because her mom wouldn't have had the money to hire an atorney on her own and the dad would have won custody because my step-dad's sister had definitely hit Dan very hard and their relationship was not good. This was not a stable woman... I feel like my step-dad thought he was doing the right thing, but I knew in my heart back then that he was not in fact doing the right thing. I would not want to live with this woman either..
This is an example of something I want to tell my mom, but I can't.
No comments:
Post a Comment