Friday, August 5, 2011

Post 2

In 24 hours. This is unprecedented for an inconsistent blogger like myself, but you know what they say about desperate times... I'm blogging on my iPhone which also means I'm dealing with autocorrect. The most frustrating feature of all times.

What brings me to blog this summer morning is my pregnancy-related gestational diabetes test. For those who don't know- you have to take a 1 hour test (you drink a bottle of juice and wait an hour at the lab and then they draw your blood) around like 28 or 29 weeks of pregnancy. I waited until I was 31 weeks bc this pregnancy is so similar to my first one (where I did not have GD) that I figured this would be no exception.

On Monday my doc informed me that I failed the 1 hour glucose test. I am currently sitting in a creepy chair in a creepy lab having a 3 hour glucose test. I have 2 hours and 48 minutes to go. Worst part? Ive been fasting since 630pm. Well, I snuck a lemonade bar at 830pm but whatever. I found out today my fast only neeeded to be 10 to 12 hours. Not 14. In any event, I'm starving. I haven't had coffee. And I'm grumpy.

For something to do, I stopped in to work this morning to grab work. I had planned on leisure
reading but a partner asked me to assist him with something so whatever. But bad luck was the
name of the game this morning. I was late starting off because J needed to shave last
minute. Poor guy was all chipper and I awoke grumpy. He was a chatterbox and I couldn't standit. Normally, it's the other way around, I'm sure! Anyway, Monk cried when I left. Then
I can't find quarters so I have to park in my garage. Annoying. I walk in the building and I realize I don't have my ID badge. I go to the visitor's center and nobody is sitting behind the desk- never happens. Then I go to take the escalator anyway and learn TS broken. There are "please take te elevator signs." where the f$ck is the elevator??? A security guard yells for me seeing that I am lost. I tell him I have no badge but nobody is in the visitor center and I have a dr appt at 830. He waves me through. I get my stuff and leave. On my way out he forgets about my previous sense of urgency and wants to talk about pregnancy and his daughter and his surgery that left him bedridden. I tried to get away but he was like so happy to chat. It wa a nightmare. Mind you I'm starving and lightheaded. and late.

Anyway, after further trials, I made it! 2.5 more sleepy hours to go.

No comments: