Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Babysitting was fun. Played w a guinea pig for hours.

On a more serious note, this family's first child died at the age of 2. I think randomly she had a bad liver, so her dad gave her half of his liver, but after 6 months, her body started to reject it. Somehow she became too sick to receive a 2nd transplant. They pulled the plug and she died. How sad is that? They started a non-profit to help families dealing with sick children. I learned most of this via Google.

Anyway, this bummed me out. Now I'm even more obsessed w my dogs. I can't believe I have to drop 'em off tomorrow for 6 days. Must go hug them now.

2 comments:

The Blind said...

Have fun on your trip!

missafmf said...

what trip? and...that reminds me of my sister's keeper for some reason, really sad!